Today’s post is about the beauty benefits of green tea and using it in your skincare routine to get a glowing and healthier looking skin.
Initially green tea was popular in China and Japan and was used for medicinal purposes, but today every other person seems to be including it in their daily life may it be for health benefits or for skincare. Green tea contains a high amount of antioxidants as well as enzymes, amino acids, and phytochemicals like polyphenols and also vitamin B and caffeine which is not only good for health but for skin and hair too.
Beauty Benefits Of Green Tea:
As green tea is naturally rich in antioxidants therefore it is associated with several skin benefits.
- Green Tea helps to improve skin complexion and makes your skin looking healthy by flushing out any toxins present in the body.
- Green tea is well known to treat acne and pimples as it contains aniti-bacterial agents that help fight acne causing bacteria.
- Green tea helps in reducing wrinkles and makes you look younger.If possible green tea should be incorporated in skincare products in order to slow down skin ageing.
- Green tea helps in reducing rashes or any other inflammation in the skin as it contains anti-inflammatory agents.
- Green tea can also protect our skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun and can reduce skin damage and also helps in removing tan due to the presence of tannic acids in it.
- Green tea also helps in reducing puffy eyes as well as dark circles due to the antioxidants present in them and help shrink blood vessels around the eyes.
- Green tea also acts as an amazing natural toner for the face and helps soothe skin, draw out impurities, and also keeps the skin hydrated.
- Green tea is good for exfoliating purposes and removes any dead skin cells and helps rejuvenate skin .
How to incorporate green tea in your skincare routine to achieve a healthy looking skin from within.
There are probably millions of ways to include green tea in your skin care routine but I like to use only a couple of ways and make it simple yet effective.
- Natural Toner – For using green tea as a natural toner to soothe skin and also to reduce any rashes if you have, all you have to do is brew some green tea and allow it to cool then taking a clean cotton pad just give a good dip and wipe your face after cleansing it . It should be done twice a day after cleansing or exfoliating.
- Facial Mist – Facial mists are addition to your skincare routine and to find one that works for your skin can be quite difficult. I use green tea as my natural facial mist to keep my skin hydrated and fresh all day long.
1. Brew two cups of green tea and allow it to cool in your room temperature
2. Add 2-3 drops of any facial oil of your choice .
3. Add a teaspoon of purified rose water and put the solution in a spray bottle and shake well.
And voila! you have your own facial mist that you can spray before walking out that door and also can be used to give a dewy look to your makeup if sprayed as a makeup setting spray. It can be used for almost two weeks if kept refrigerated.
- A natural scrub – As mentioned above in the beauty benefits green tea acts as a great scrub and helps exfoliate skin. Just mix one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of sugar and one teaspoon of dried tea leaves and apply to the face in circular motions. This can be used twice a week and also can be used as a body scrub to remove any tan lines. This scrub is so effective that you can even replace it with your daily scrub.
- Steaming – We all know how much skin can benefit by steaming but it can be more effective if the process is infused with green tea.
1. Bring small pot to boil and add few essential oils and green tea leaves to it.
2. Add the water to a bowl and steam your face with a towel over your head.
3. Add a moisturizer after this. Steaming with green tea can open up the pores and helps remove dirt from within.
- As a beverage – This is definitely the most effective of all and also I use this on a daily basis. Drinking two cups of green tea in the morning and before going to bed at night not only helps to achieve a clear skin but also flushes out any toxin from your face and whole of your body as well. I have certainly noticed a huge difference in my skin after including green tea as a beverage in my daily life
- As a face mask – Green tea can be used as a face mask to lighten your complexion and also to reduce any acne. I like to mix few drops of green tea with some sandalwood powder and make a thick paste and apply evenly to the skin. This can be done everyday at night or even 3-5 times a week.
- As an eye bag – Green tea can reduce dark circles and also helps to reduce puffy eyes in the morning. Just put 2 used up tea bags in the refrigerator to cool and place the tea bags on your closed eyelids for 15-20 minutes. This has to be used twice or thrice a week and I am sure you will be happy with the results of this remedy.
So these are the simple ways of how I include green tea in my skincare routine. As much as I like to use all my favorite cleansers, toners , eye creams and all that skincare stuffs sometimes its good to incorporate natural ways to make your skin healthy not only from outside but within as well. I have noticed a huge difference in how my skin feels after using the above remedies. Personally I like to use the Organic India Tulsi Green Tea as I find it to be quite strong than other brands available in India. It is easily available at amazon.in
There are also some side effects of green tea as it contains quite an amount of caffeine. You can check that in this article.
Thanks for taking your time to read my post.